Shadow of Chernobyl
An armor-piercing round for the Tunder S14 and the VLA assault rifles and for the Vintar special sniper rifle. It has a subsonic bullet which due to its special design can penetrate most bulletproof vests at a range of up to 400 meters.Shadow of Chernobyl in-game description
- 300 rounds are spawned in a small box in the building leading to the entrance of Lab X-18 in the Dark Valley.
- 60 to 90 rounds appear from packing cases on the underground approach to Lab X-16.
- 9x39mm SP-6 can be obtained by doing jobs for Duty.
- 60 rounds can be found with the Big Ben pistol.
- Some stashes include this type of ammunition, namely in the Army Warehouses, the Red Forest, and in Pripyat.
Mitay will sell these rounds if the player joins Duty, and Sakharov may sell them at times. However the Duty trader in the Red Forest will sell these rounds even if the player hasn't joined Duty. Second trader in Flea Market also usually sells small amount of this ammunition. Some Duty and Monolith experts may have these bullets with them, and many Renegades in the Red Forest carry this type of ammunition. Most of the Bandits located in Limansk carry small amounts of SP-6 rounds. There is also a fixed spawn of 2 metal cases of SP-6 rounds each contaning 60 bullets in the Agroprom underground after flooding it. The cases can be found at the top of the staircase after surfacing.
Call of Pripyat
The SP-6 type of rounds are hard to come by in Call of Pripyat. Hawaiian and Owl may sell them later in the game, the latter may require completing his quests. Small amounts can be received for free by asking Lt. Kirillov for this type of ammunition in Pripyat, or by finishing the mutant hunting quests in Yanov.
- The letters "SP" stand for Spetsialnyj Patron ("Special Cartridge").
- The words in Cyrillic script beneath the metric dimensions are "SP-6" and Bron. an abbreviation for "Broneboin'ie Pulya" (Armour-Piercing Bullet)
- The words in Cyrillic script along the left-hand side of the box are: VSS, Val, Tiss, and Groza, indicating the weapons that chamber the round.