Traditional bandit clothing - a leather jacket with armor pieces sewed in. The protection it provides is completely inadequate for the harsh conditions of the Zone. Does not hold any artifacts by default, but can be upgraded to hold one artifact.
Clear Sky in-game description
Overview[edit | edit source]
The jacket consists of a black leather anorak with kevlar patches sewn into it and blue tracksuit pants (apparently from a fake Adidas tracksuit, bandits are Gopnik parodies after all) tucked into white running shoes and a beige hoodie worn underneath. Typically, it's also worn with a backpack made of hemp with extra straps across the chest. The appearance of the Bandit jacket is identical to that of the Leather jacket, the only difference being the colors of the outfit.
The bandit jacket does not provide much protection and is just marginally more useful than the Leather jacket.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Shadow of Chernobyl[edit | edit source]
The Bandit Jacket is only marginally better than the Leather jacket with an extra 5% protection to knife wounds and bullets. The unique variant Mail Jacket, however, has exception bullet resistance for the beginning of the game, being just marginally less than that of the Sunrise suit.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
- A standard bandit jacket can be found in the buildings on the opposite side of the main road from the Abandoned Car Park, just before the fallen bridge.
- Two can be found in a stash near the heaviliy irradiated derailed train in the Cordon's edge opposite to Nimble's cache. These two appear to have above average durability.
- One may also be found in a train car outside of the depot in the Garbage, and another can be found in Strelok's hiding place.
- One can be found in a secret stash in the Garbage at the depot.
- A Bandit Jacket can be found at the Bandit's main base in the Dark Valley, in the armory, which is inside the basement.
- The Mail Jacket is actually the first one that can be acquired by the player.
Unique variants[edit | edit source]
Clear Sky[edit | edit source]
In Clear Sky, it has the same stats and upgrades of that of the basic Leather Jacket, save for 2 built-in artifact containers by default. It is sold by Sidorovich and Tooth, and most technicians can upgrade it. It doesn't really see much use as by the time you get this far, you can have a CS-3a Body Armor which outclasses it hands down.
In the version 10 patch, the Bandit Jacket no longer comes with containers by default.
Upgrades[edit | edit source]
Upgrades marked in green are anomaly-oriented upgrades, while those marked in red are combat-oriented upgrades. They are mutually exclusive.
Hover over icon to see upgrade description.
|Kevlar body armor (1100 RU)|
Additional suit armor, +2 suit weight
|Relief vest (350 RU)|
+5 carry weight
|Hard leather inserts (350 RU)|
50% better protection from rupture, gunfire and explosions, +0.5 suit weight
|Tarpaulin bodysuit (350 RU)|
50% better protection from fire and electricity
|Night vision device (350 RU)|
Installs a green-tint night vision device
|Gas mask (350 RU)|
50% better protection from radiation and chemical burns
|Artifact container (350 RU)|
+1 artifact slot, +1 inventory weight
Call of Pripyat[edit | edit source]
Some low-ranking bandit NPCs, however, still wear the suit.