|“|| If your dumb ass is looking for adventure, this is where we deal them out|
Starting out as a barman for the Bandits, Borov later took Yoga's position as the leading bandit in the Zone. Fellow bandits call Borov an "aristocrat wannabe" and Borov himself says that he was a natural born leader, saying that even when he was a kid he knew he was destined to be a leader.
Clear Sky Edit
Shadow of Chernobyl Edit
Shadow of Chernobyl shows that Borov indeed took over the remaining bandits from Clear Sky and moved their main base to the Dark Valley, unoccupied after Freedom abandoned it. The Marked One encounters him, and is forced to fight and kill him in order to retrieve one of the keys to Lab X-18.
Borov's appearance is noticeably different in Shadow of Chernobyl as he has gained a significant amount of weight in the intervening period between the two games and he has many things in his office, such as food.
- The Barkeep refers to him as Boar.
- Quite interestingly, Borov, unlike Yoga and other unique bandits within the base, cannot be killed. If he spawns along with the other bandits at the Train hangar while under attack, Borov will remain behind his bar, and will not react to the player's presence, despite being hostile - in fact he can be even talked to.
- Borov in the English translation means Hog.
- Hog is a castrated male pig.
- ↑ "Kicking my heels and pouring drinks, that’s what I’m doing. Wasting my friggin’ time, basically. I’ve wanted to be a leader since I was a kid and I ain’t never been a flunky. And look at me now, pouring vodka and watching Yoga do jack shit and get fat. The boys ain’t doing much either. Man, if I was the top dog around here I’d find them something to do! We’d stir up so much trouble the Zone would shake worse than it does after an emission."
- ↑ "Huh? What is he, crazy? It’s like, the best place to skim cash from diggers, ever! Well, this spells the end of our chief, believe you me. He’s done for. The smugglers are already hiding, and with the flea market out of action, the diggers are gonna dry up real quick. In a few months the boys won’t have anyone to fleece, and what is Yoga gonna tell them? Well, I’ll have a few words with the boys... Yoga is digging his own grave..."