Shadow of ChernobylEdit
According to available information, Charon serves as the mysterious leader of the Monolith - however, this is unconfirmed. He resides within the Palace of Culture in Pripyat, armed with an Exoskeleton and a Vintar BC. Charon fires his rifle in single bursts, making an encounter with him easy to deal with. He also chooses to rely on his USP Compact in close quarters and is almost always under the protection of several Monolith experts.
Located on his corpse is 9x39 ammo, as well as medkits - he drops substantially more than the average stalker. He is usually located in the basement of the Monolith headquarters, under the Monolith "sculpture" surrounded by several valuable artifacts, such as several Night Star artifacts, a Spring, a Kolobok, and after midnight, a Moonlight artifact.
A short bio, that was omitted from final version of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl game describes him as follows: 
- Charon is the only known leader of the Monolith in the whole series.
- Charon is the only character in Shadow of Chernobyl who starts with a Vintar BC.
- In Greek mythology, Charon is the name of the ferryman of Hades, whose task is to convey the souls of the dead across the River Acheron, a segment of the River Styx, the boundary of the Earth from the Greek Underworld. Charon is also the name of a satellite of the dwarf planet Pluto.
- Other than Strider and the fighters of his group, Charon is the only member of the Monolith in the series with a permanent name.
- Perhaps, as mentioned above, the name may have been chosen to symbolise stalkers being inducted into the Monolith.
- Like Scar, Charon wields a Vintar BC as his preferred weapon. Whether this hints at a further connection cannot be said, however.
- Charon never exits the Palace of Culture to counter any threats, preferring to stay in the basement.
- ↑ stable_bio_name.xml