Destroy the zombie is an optional mission featured in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl.
|“|| Recently we sent a group to Yantar. Unfortunately, nobody from the group returned. I was informed that they saw a few zombied stalkers from the group not far from the mobile lab of the scientists at Yantar. We can't allow them to remain in that horrible state. Your assignment: find and destroy that, which they've become.|
- General Voronin
Acquiring the mission Edit
The mission is given to the player automatically when he re-enters Yantar, depending on the missions he has completed.
Completing the mission Edit
- This mission requires the player to kill a Zombified Stalker that is part of a group of Zombified Stalkers in Yantar, near the crashed helicopter.
- Voronin's (remote) briefing, available via PDA consultation, refers to the target in the plural sense. Player will need to eliminate the entire group of four Zombies.
- The mission may be completed successfully before the player is sufficiently trusted by Duty for access to their HQ. Player should therefore remember to ensure that access is permitted, (usually by delivering Kruglov's flashdrive to Barkeep and talking to the Duty guard at the HQ), before collecting the reward.
- The mission is repeatable, and will be given again automatically provided that the player arrives in Yantar during a different 24 hour period.
- Provided that player has been diligent with other zombie removal efforts in the area, for example, retiring snorks for Sakharov, there will be a minimal zombie population dispersed in the Lake Yantar area.
- In this event the four target zombies may be easily approached without being alerted.
- Running in with a Vintar BC is particularly effective.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.