One day you'll finish badly, Strelok.
One of Strelok's companions and one of the oldest legends of the Zone, the Doctor, or "Doc", is said to be one of the original Stalkers to enter the Zone. It is also said that he reached the center of the Zone and even made it to the Wish Granter. He lives in the most remote of marshes and it is likely that only Strelok's group personally knew him. When Doc does travel, he is often accompanied by the Pseudodog he tamed.
The Tale of Doctor
It is said that upon reaching the Wish Granter, he wished to have the ability to heal any living creature, even if it was beyond recovery or even dead. He was granted his wish, but he also lost the ability to distinguish mutants from normal creatures. Doc himself pretty much proves this tale is false. After meeting with Doctor in Strelok's hiding place, Doc says that nobody has ever come back from the Wish Granter alive.
One might doubt Doc's magical healing abilities, but it is confirmed that Doctor does know how to heal people using conventional methods. This is proven when he patched a dying Strelok during the events S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky (partially mentioned in a conversation stored in a PDA inside Strelok's hiding place). In S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, Strelok is shown entering Doc's cabin badly wounded, and Doc heals him up. This is perhaps the same incident discussed in the PDA during Clear Sky. Rather than reaching the Wish Granter, he (along with Ghost) found a peculiar door in the Sarcophagus, which Strelok later decrypts with a decoder made by Fang. This is depicted in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl.
- Doc is one of few living members of Strelok's Group. The other confirmed survivor is Guide.
- Doc is one of the two seen Stalkers to have tamed a Pseudodog, the other is Noah from S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat.
- Doc is rumored to have wished for the ability to heal any living creature by the Wish Granter; however, he himself has stated that no one has ever came back from the Wish Granter alive, therefore his legend contradicts itself.
- A glitch is that the player can kill the Doctor by making a save during the time that Strelok falls unconcious and then loading the save. The player will have his weapon equipped. The player can also check his items because while his actor does dissapear, his corpse stays. It isn't known whether it changes the storyline.
- Glitch u/d. If player makes two saves - one as his actor loses consciousness and one just as Doc has briefed him regarding the Secret stash at Pripyat and reloads the second save, then Doc repeats the monologue just as if player had reloaded the first save.
- The consequences appear to be that player is now in possession of the stash co-ordinates and may kill Doc if such is his wish with apparent impunity (Doc remains 'neutral')
- Player thus has the co-ordinates and the opportunity to repeatedly kill Doc for more orthodox co-ordinates to other stashes.