A single shot, front loaded, rifled underbarrel grenade launcher for assault rifles made in Warsaw Pact countries. The firing mechanism is self-cocking, with a manual safety catch and automatic shot prevention if incorrectly installed onto a rifle. Uses VOG-25 grenades.Call of Pripyat item description
The Granatomyot Podstvolnyi 25 "Kostyor" (Grenade launcher, Underbarrel 25 - "Bonfire"), named the GP-25 Koster in-game, is a Soviet-made muzzle-loading underbarrel grenade launcher appearing in all three S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games.
Originally made for AK type rifles, it uses 40mm VOG-25 Grenade shells. The GP-25, like the M203, is a destructive weapon. It can be used to bombard enemies from a distance, flush out targets hiding behind cover, and deal heavy damage to powerful mutants like the Pseudogiant. Although powerful, it is also rare if not expensive and destructive to both the enemy and the player if not used correctly. This weapon can only be mounted on Eastern Bloc weaponry.
The GP-25 Koster can be mounted on Eastern Bloc weapons. In Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat, upgrades might be necessary in order to mount the grenade launcher. The Tunder S14, however, sports the launcher by default and cannot be removed.
Shadow of Chernobyl
Call of Pripyat
Shadow of Chernobyl
In this game it is referred to as a GP-25 Kostyer , unlike in the two later games.
The grenade launcher is quite rare.
- It may be found attached to an AKM-74/2, in X-18 in one of the lockers.
- The Chest in the secret stash stash in Dark Valley
In Clear Sky it became much more available as it can be bought from a number of traders, certain stashes and from Duty Exoskeleton units sporting heavily upgraded AC-96/2 assault rifles with a PSO-1 Scope and a grenade launcher.
- The first chance you have of acquiring a GP-25 is from Ashot after assisting Freedom drive the mercenaries out of the Dark Valley where he'll start to sell it.
- One can be acquired for free from Hermit after completing the job of recovering Abel's PDA.
Call of Pripyat
Like in Clear Sky, it is far more available and can be bought from all traders, found in numerous stashes and can be found attached to weapons carried by various high ranking stalkers.
- Can be bought from Hawaiian after getting A Friend of Duty achievement.
- Sold by Owl after handing Compass to either Sultan or Beard and getting A Wealthy Client achievement.
- Used by Sergieyev. His weapon can be picked up when the player is sent by Kovalsky to find the lost recon squad.
- Spartacus has GP-25 attached to his AKM-74/2 and can be picked up if he will die or get wounded during Transaction.
- Zaton - on the west of starting point, it's lying under first bigger rock, along with PSO-1 scope and 3 VOG-25 grenades.
- Zaton - under one of smaller trees, north-west to the sawmill, along with AKM-74/2, 2 VOG-25 grenades and 120 5.45x39mm FMJ rounds.
- Jupiter - in Kopachi Village, atop the gray house in the south eastern corner of the village, along with Tunder S14, 90 9x39mm SP-5 rounds, and 2 VOG grenades).
- Jupiter - in truck near buliding near Jupiter Plant (the one with locker containing fine tools, along with AC96/2, PSO-1 scope and 180 5.45x39mm FMJ rounds).
- Sold by Owl after finishing Missing Stalkers mission and getting A Wealthy Client achievement.
- Sold by Hawaiian after siding with Duty (meaning after being rewarded with PS5-M Universal Protection suit)
- Pripyat - in Old Service Center, under stairs and behind one unbreakable box (there are 5 grenades there).