Strange chemical processes go non-stop in this anomaly. They result in acid which eats away skin and toxic gas which devours lungs equally well… The good thing is, that the anomaly is easy to spot in the open air… It is less pleasant to unexpectedly discover it in a dark tunnel.
General characteristics[edit | edit source]
Not always easy to spot, this Anomaly is recognizable by the green gas clouds floating and wandering over the ground. If one approaches, the screen will turn green and a hissing noise can be heard. When triggered by metal parts or organic tissue, it emits acidic compounds, splashing them around in its vicinity.
It should not to be confused with the Fruit Punch, due to the fact that it behaves more like a cloud or fog bank rather than a puddle of liquid as the Fruit Punch does.
It seems to be an evolved or greater version of Fruit Punch, because Fruit Punch does not have the toxic choking effect Gas does, and is more corrosive and more damaging.
Artifacts[edit | edit source]
Forms six types of artifacts:
Locations[edit | edit source]
Clear Sky[edit | edit source]
- Several fields of Gas anomalies are situated in the western Great swamp
- The little ponds opposite to the Vehicle graveyard in the Garbage
- The Agroprom swamp
- The Yantar swamp
- The abandoned mine in Red Forest containing the Compass and Poltergeists
Call of Pripyat[edit | edit source]
- The Cement Factory, the Jupiter Factory, the Quarry, the Plavni Anomaly, the Anomalous Grove and the Concrete Bath Anomaly in Yanov
Notes[edit | edit source]
- Sometimes, the flora that are growing within the Gas anomalies form strange mutated vines.
Gallery[edit | edit source]