Hound is Wolf's brother and was only seen in Clear Sky, and like his brother he wears a Sunrise suit with a gas mask. Hound was captured by a small squadron of Bandits that held him to ransom for an unspecified amount of money.
Wolf explains that there is no way his boys could come up with the money on time and requests that Scar rescue him from them. When Hound is rescued, he will request either a pistol, shotgun or assault rifle as a weapon, before returning to the Rookie Village. The player will have to kill any Mutants (Blind Dogs or Boars) that Hound might run into, on his way back to the village.
Wolf will give the player a reward of 1500 RU for saving Hound and escorting him safely to the village. The player will also be able to collect the gear from the dead bandits to sell to Sidorovich back at the village.
- Because of a glitch, he sometimes dies in the spot near his brother. Which allows the player to get any weapon back he might have given Hound to defend himself in the escort mission.
- There is a slight problem with this as he'll take a random weapon from the category mentioned in the former and not player specified, meaning that if you might have a Hunting rifle and a Chaser 13 as shotguns, he might take the Chaser instead of the Hunting rifle. To avoid this, temporarly drop whatever weapons you want to keep, and pick up a cheap weapon from one of the nearby Bandit's bodies. After you've interacted with Hound, pick up your weapons again.
- In the place that he is being held by the Bandits, Its better not to shoot the explosive barrel that is placed there, Exploding the barrel would cause him to be Hostile to you possibly because he is in the explosion radius of the barrel.
- If you have already completed Freedom's main quest, one Freedom squad will take the place where Hound is held by Bandits. However, when you take the quest from Wolf, Freedom squad will be replaced by Bandits. This can be helpful if you've joined Duty, because it allows you to enter the Dark Valley much easier and destroy Freedom squads on the roads to Garbage from the behind.
- The additional Bandit squad which will spawn on the area "Bonfire by the Tunnel", that are keeping Hound hostage, help to boost the strength of the Bandits faction as one will notice additional Bandit squads spawning from their main base at the Depot in the Garbage. This would be helpful to those looking to join the rather difficult Bandits as their side of the fight is very difficult to near impossibility and it would be best to take any boosts provided.
- Killing these Bandits will hurt your reputation with the entire faction, albiet not detrimentally so and one will very much likely remain neutral with the faction.