Got a job for you, Marked One...
The Laundromat is a location in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat.
After Operation Fairway failed and all five Stingrays crashed, 14 Military survivors gathered here, or 16 should Lt Sokolov and Maj. Degtyarev also be accounted for. They took it over from Monolith control and established field command center here. It should be noted that one of the initial survivors died during the building's initial capture (nothing about the soldier aside his rank, Senior Lieutenant, is known). Colonel took quarters on the 1st floor while the rest of personnel resides downstairs. Due to the many mutant and Monolith attacks this numbers dwindles and by the time of the evacuation, only about half of the soldiers remain. After the Military left, a stalker named Garry, and a small force of Loners, including Yar, who replaces the technician and medic, took up this building as a command post for exploring Pripyat.
- There is no merchant at this location.
- The interesting thing is if Strider is able to make it to the Laundromat, he just vanishes at some point in the game and is nowhere to be found. Strider is also not mentioned again until the credits. The same applies to Zulu if he was rescued.
- The first disappearance may be explained by Strider's strong will to investigate his past and restore his memory. He needed to join up with his group and an overt rendezvous with his fellow ex-Monolith fighters might have turned Laundromat inhabitants hostile.
- For some reason, the building does not protect stalkers (excluding the military, the player, Yar, and Garry) from emissions. When one is about to strike, they will evacuate and will hide in nearby buildings before returning afterwards.
- The player is briefly allowed to draw weapons inside the Laundromat during the evacuation mission.
- Even if Yar dies during the Kopachy mission, he will nonetheless appear at the Laundromat (that's a developers' mistake).