Shadow of Chernobyl
An extremely rare artifact. Keep it safe because it has no negative qualities. Scientists cannot figure out how to create such an object in laboratories.In-game description
Mama's Beads increases bullet protection by 5%, while having no downside whatsoever. The Mama's Beads is a pure bonus item, and it is up to player's choice to either use it or save an artifact slot for something else.
Mama's Beads is a dummy artifact that can only be found in the following ways:
- One of these artifacts can be found in the construction site north of the entrance to Lab X-18 in the Dark Valley (climb the mangled remains of the construction tower and jump into the large metal trough), alongside a Spring artifact, a Guitar, and a Hand radio.
- Snitch will reward the player with one of these artifacts after completing his mission Kill master stalker.
- Two secret stashes contain this artifact;
- one in the Wild Territory, which also contains a rare Combat Chaser shotgun. The coordinates can be acquired from any dead expert loner in the Wild Territory.
- The other stash is Fang's goodies in Pripyat, which also contains the unique Exoskeleton PNB-4UZ. The coordinates can be acquired from dead Loners in Yantar.
- In unpatched versions of the game, one may occasionally appear late into the game in the Duty camp at the entrance of the Dark Valley, along with a Soul and other health regenerating artifacts.
- Due to an equipment zeroing bug, one can be occasionally found on an dead expert Duty or Freedom stalker in the Red Forest. This bug is fixed in mods such as ZRP and Complete 2009.
The thermal nature of Mama's Beads is no longer a secret, but its shape still puzzles scientific minds. The emissions produced by pulses in its thicker sections increase the metabolism of living beings, which helps wounds heal quicker. Emits radiation.In-game description
Mama's Beads returns in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky, now as a common artifact. It decreases bleeding by 20% and has a +2 in radiation. One could use this artifact to make the use of Bandages less necessary, although the bonus is more or less insignificant.
Call of Pripyat
Much about this artifact remains a complete mystery to scientists. At the same time, it is known for certain that emissions produced by pulses in its thicker sections force blood in open wounds to clot quicker, forming a protective scab. One of the most noticeable effects of this artifact is the increased speed of wound healing. Emits radiation.In-game description
Mama's Beads returns in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat and remains the same as it was in Clear Sky, except that the radiation effect was reduced to +1.
- The structure of the Mama's Beads bears striking resemblance to a DNA's helix structure.
- In Shadow of Chernobyl, the Mama's Beads artifact was originally created in the Time anomaly. Acquiring the Mama's Beads, which was located at the center of the anomaly, made the anomaly disappear. However, the anomaly was cut from the game.