Stalker suit from the Merc faction. Its design is based on the suit used by the special forces of the Western armies. Due to a special treatment of the fabric, the armor has a strengthened stability during the physical movement of its plates. Its protective properties are slightly better then those of the PSZ-7 military bulletproof suits.
The mercenary suit is a Western-made protective suit. It is only obtainable to the player in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, but it also appears in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat.
Overview[edit | edit source]
The mercenary suit is the standard equipment of mercenaries operating in the Zone. It consists of a navy blue jumpsuit (although some mercenaries might opt for an urban camouflage pattern), an European-pattern tactical vest (also used with woodland camouflage) and a gas mask (based on the XM40 model). It also comes with the standard belt-mounted pistol holster and carrying pouch.
When not wearing a gas mask, users of the merc suit will typically wear a balaclava or a similiar type of mask.
In Clear Sky and Call of Pripyat, the suit is exclusively worn with a gas mask, and all suits use the navy blue color scheme.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Shadow of Chernobyl[edit | edit source]
The Mercenary Suit offers slightly worse properties than the Stalker Suit, however, while both suits have the same weight, it does not sport a night vision module. While the Merc Suit isn't built for the zone due to its lacking stats, it is nevertheless an invaluable starter armor as it will protect the player from most rounds that one will encounter early in the game. Though it's highly recommended that this suit be replaced later on in the game.
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
- The player can first find this in the Rookie Camp; it can be found by climbing up the ladder of the house behind Wolf, walking by the ledge of the house to make it to the roof, then sprint-jumping across to the rooftop of the house nearest to the road, on the farthest corner there should be a hole with a crate near - destroying it will make the suit appear.
- Alternatively, the first time the player will encounter this suit, is finding it laying in a corner in the guard house on the left of the east entrance to the Agroprom factory, near Mole's location.
- A mercenary suit as well as a bandit jacket can be found in the Bandit's armory in Borov's headquarters in the Dark Valley. In unpatched versions of the game, this may be a PSZ-9d Duty suit instead.
- It's also possible to find a custom one in a stash in the Wild Territory, but the chances of getting the coordinates are very low.
- One also can be found in the Grizzly's things stash in the Garbage.
- Sometimes Sidorovich sells this suit. Sidorovich has one of these suits on a shelf in his bunker but it is unobtainable.
Bandits variant[edit | edit source]
Gallery[edit | edit source]