Stalker suit from the Monolith faction. The producer is unknown. Its protective properties are slightly worse then those of the PSZ-9a military bulletproof vest. Its structure is similar to the suit popular with neutral stalkers which combines a bulletproof vest and a radiation protection suit. It provides good protection from gunfire. Its level of anomaly protection is low due to the absence of an air filtering system.
Description[edit | edit source]
Created by an unknown manufacturer, this suit consists of a splinter pattern urban camouflage radiation suit/battledress uniform with arm, elbow and kneepads of reinforced leather, a green tactical vest with carrying pouches and a mounting place for either two oxygen tanks, a backpack or a closed-circuit Curtain helmet life support system. The vest's protection is slightly worse than that of a PSZ-7a military bulletproof vest.
The Monolith suit is just as competitive in terms of protection as Duty's PSZ-9d Duty Suit and Freedom's Guardian of Freedom Suit with very few differences however its lack of Night Vision is somewhat discouraging.
It is usually worn in two combinations - either with a gas mask or a black balaclava or facemask and a backpack. Some Monolithians wear this suit but use the Curtain helmet, which is the same helmet/mask used on the SEVA Suit. This variant is called the Scientific Monolith suit.
The appearance between Shadow of Chernobyl and Clear Sky of the suit has slightly changed. In Clear Sky, and Call of Pripyat, the Monolith suit looks almost identical to the Scientific Monolith suit, with the color of the gear and gloves having changed to black, the tactical vest being slightly different and the gas mask looks almost identical to the Loners variant. As well, all users always use a gas mask combined with a backpack.
Appearances[edit | edit source]
Shadow of Chernobyl[edit | edit source]
Acquisition[edit | edit source]
The suit can be found in the following places:
- X18 locker room
- The Secret stash of Smoked inside a safe behind some junk. Also has a rare Night Star along with it.
- Monolith headquarters in Pripyat.
- One might find a few of these suits along the roads of the Red Forest, inside trailers.
- Also in Red Forest, near the entrance to X19, there is a trailer containing two of them; a rare find.
Trivia[edit | edit source]
- Unlike the popular Sunrise suit based armors which the Monolith suit was based on, this sports a tactical vest around the armor similar to that of the Wind of Freedom Suit which Sunrise suit based armors do not posses.
- Strangely, the balaclava and half-masked variants of the suit are actually variants of the Scientific Monolith suit. This is easily seen by the different color of the gloves and the different tactical vest.
- Despite being described as lacking an air-filtration system, the inventory icon clearly shows a half-mask respirator hanging around the neck area.
- The camouflage has similarity to a rare pattern named Modern digital Multicam. A similar pattern is used by Serbia named Maskirna Dragon Tactical i Digitalna Urbana.
Development[edit | edit source]
- Originally, the suits came in solid olive-drab camouflage instead of the characteristic urban camo and were intended for the Duty faction.
Gallery[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]