Nitro (Azot / Азот) is a character who appears only in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat.
He functions as a mechanic in the Yanov safehouse. He has a sidequest available, which requires you to bring him radio equipment from the Cement Factory. Despite being a Loner by affiliation, Nitro sympathizes for Duty's cause and will lower his prices when you help Duty - but charge accordingly more to Freedom sympathizers. Like Cardan he requires toolkits to perform certain tiers of upgrades, but unlike Cardan he can perform some Tier 3 upgrades without the need for a Calibration Kit - mostly tied to the OTs-14 and AN-94. When he receives a Calibration Kit, he is the only mechanic capable of installing the Thermal Image Enhancement upgrade into the Tactical Helmet.
A skilled electrician and computers expert, he is the only technician able to decode the STINGRAY-1 Black Box. He is also one of the technicians who can unlock the UAV's Blackbox; the other being Novikov.
- He is also known as Azot, as that's how the PDA refers to him. "Azot" is "Nitrogen" in russian.
- Unlike Hawaiian, it is possible to get around his price hike by completing his "Get the Radio Parts" quest before siding with either faction. His price is then at its lowest - lower than if one gets the Friend of Duty Achievement. If the player gets the Friend of Freedom Achievement, his price increases slightly, but he is still cheaper than an alcoholic Cardan.
- Nitro's assistant, Senka, is Limpid's assistant from Clear Sky.
- He can be mistaken with Strelok, as they share the same hair style, they both wear SEVA Suit, and he possesses a silenced AKS-74U on his wall.
- He also shares an uncanny resemblance to Vladimir Putin, the president of Russia.