Mutant assholes! Piss off!Noah after giving the player a buckshot greeting.
Noah is a hermit who appears to suffer from memory lapse and is extremely paranoid about mutant attacks. Most Stalkers avoid contact with him, claiming he is insane and highly aggressive.
When conversed with, he will go on a tangent about a prophecy concerning a "wave" which will be in the form of a large emission followed immediately thereafter by a horde of mutants who will kill everyone who is ill-prepared. This, he reasoned, is why he built his 'ark' in the first place.
Call of Pripyat
In order to reach the crash site of Stingray 3, the player has to work with Noah who many Stalkers claim is the only person who can safely traverse to the site.
Noah is also in possession of the extremely rare Compass artifact. Two of them, in fact, and probably more.
- Whenever the player first opens the door to Noah's ark for the day, he will open fire and shoot the door twice, causing it to fly open. The player can even take damage from this.
- Noah has a tamed pseudodog, much like the Doctor. He also wears the same outfit.
- "Lassie" is the name of Noah's pseudodog. The name is most likely a nod to Lassie, a collie dog from the 1940s novel and movie adaptation Lassie Come Home.
- Should the player harm Noah, Lassie will automatically attack the player. She is however, no tougher than a regular pseudodog. Noah will also attack the player if they shoot Lassie.
- Noah can be asked to accompany the player to Pripyat but he declines.
- Noah has a very high amount of health, to the point where it would take over 100 rounds from an 5.45x39mm assault rifle or several headshots to drop him or 2 point-blank explosions from RGD-5 grenades. This was most likely done to prevent him from dying to the environment or dying to the player in case of an accidental discharge.
- Killing Noah will not prevent the player from obtaining his 2 Compasses and his PDA which explains how to reach the location of the Stingray crash site.
- "Noah" is biblical reference to a man in the book of Genesis who was instructed by God to build an ark and fill it up with a pair of every animal on Earth along with his own family. God was planning on exterminating humanity with a great flood due to their devolving evil society. This was the basis for Noah in Call of Pripyat, who did build an ark from the wreckage of an old ship, which - according to his ending - shielded him and a group of Stalkers from a particularly powerful emission and a subsequent horde of snorks.
- If Noah is killed either by the player or Bandits, Loners will reside in his ark.
- When speaking with Zulu about assembling a squad for the journey to Pripyat, Noah is mentioned as a possible candidate along with Vano, Strider, and Lieutenant Sokolov. However, unlike the others, he will not be joining the squad.
- Zulu indicates that he and Noah had worked together in the past before Noah began losing his grip on reality. (It could be possible that Noah was previously affiliated with Duty.)
- When asking Loners about the crashed Stingray helicopters, some of them mention a Military unit (survivors of the crashes) visiting the ark.
- Colonel Kovalsky confirms this, saying that the survivors from Stingray 3 and Stingray 5 linked up and had a brief encounter with a deranged Stalker who, despite being temporarily detained by the Military, was trying to detain them.
- After getting the second Compass from him, asking for more will make him say, "Oh my God, it's happening! The mutants everywhere..." He then becomes hostile and will shoot at the player until the player leaves.
- If Noah survives until the end of the game, his epilogue tells of how a group of Stalkers were forced to seek refuge from an emission in his ark. They later discover that the ark is well fortified after fending off a wave of snorks. Noah was even seen leading a litter of pseudodog puppies into battle against the snorks.
- Unlike many other Stalkers, Noah's name and infamous reputation is far reaching across the center of the Zone. Several Stalkers and the Military are aware of him. In fact, he is mentioned at least once in every area of the game.