|This page contains The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Wiki's content policy. It describes criteria and rules for all or specific types of content.|
- All content should relate to the S.T.A.L.K.E.R.' series of games or its setting.
- All content needs to be accurate. S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Wiki aims to provide reliable information. In particular, adding speculation and own inventions (fan fiction) to articles should be avoided.
- All content needs to be verifiable. Other editors need to be able to check and verify it.
- All content needs to be informative. Information which is only of interest to the writer or to other editors (as opposed to readers) should not be included in articles.
- All content needs to be objective. Opinions and "my favourite"-style passages should not be added to articles.
- All content needs to relate to the games as delivered by the developers; user modifications are not covered by this wiki.
- All content needs to abide by copyright regulations. Generally, content from other sites should not be copied unless permission has been granted.
Criteria for specific contentEdit
Behind the scenesEdit
- "Behind the scenes" information in the form of cultural references is acceptable page content only when there are direct visual or textual correlations.
- Only bugs which readers are likely to be interested in should be documented, i.e. bugs which have serious consequences, bugs which can be exploited to the player's advantage or bugs that most players are likely to encounter during normal gameplay. Not every little oddity needs to be mentioned.
- Bugs encountered in a game should only be added to articles after they have been confirmed by other editors. This is to avoid cluttering the articles with one-time-glitches. To this end, post the bug on the article's talk page first and try to get confirmation.
- For multi-platform games, make sure to add which platform the bug was encountered on.
- Exploits relating to an article should be mentioned briefly but only be explained in detail on dedicated exploit pages.
- In general, the whole wiki is considered a spoiler and specific spoilers should not be marked as such in articles.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.