Yeah.. Some Stalker reported a strange glow on the dredger at night - it's weird, even for the Zone. Go there and check it out. Just be careful and remember! The place is heavily irradiated, so take antirads with you. Don't be careless.
This quest requires the player to travel to the Dredge station in Zaton and recover a strange artifact.
3000 RU and Cache Coordinates.
As soon as you pick up the artifact, three Loners will spawn outside. One of them, called Tuna, will confront you as you're leaving the tug and ask for the artifact, claiming it has healing properties and that his friend needs it. If you give him the artifact, he'll sprint to the Skadovsk and give it to Beard, failing the quest and robbing you out of the Pioneer achievement.
- If you meet him at the Skadovsk and don't threaten him, he'll give you 1500 RU to cheer up.
- If you're lucky, he can die on the way to mutants or Bandits, but this is very random.
- If you refuse to give him the artifact for whatever reason, he'll let you go but ambush you with his two buddies seconds later, demanding the artifact back. You can either give it up (holster your weapon and wait) - see above - or fight your wait out, which can be very dangerous, especially at higher difficulty levels. Tuna will melee hit you with his weapon, stunning you for seconds and always resulting in death.
- Killing Tuna and immediately hiding back inside the station seems to be easiest way out of this. First, talk to him and refuse to give up the artifact. Then kill Tuna. His friends will expose themselves, making for an easy gun fight.
- For some reason, having first slot weapon out as they ambush you makes them shoot you as soon as the cutscene ends. This is yet another reason to not trigger the ambush.
- There seems to be no way to avoid Tuna alltogether; as soon as you jump inside of the station, the only way out is through him, there's even an invisible wall to stop you from jumping over the railing outside.
The Anomalous Steering Wheel is more or less useless, as all it does is irradiate you. It can't even be used as a flashlight, despite the fact it's supposed to emit a lot of light.