|“|| This DIY stalker bodysuit is a combination of a bodysuit of twin-layered rubberized cloth with plexiglass lining and built-in body armor. Despite the fact that the body armor is incapable of protecting the wearer from even pistol bullets, the suit enjoys great popularity due to its low cost and modification potential. Comes with built-in artifact containers.|
- Call of Pripyat in-game description
The Stalker suit, also known as Sunrise suit, is a common type of armor manufactured by local craftsmen featured in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl, S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Clear Sky and S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat.
It is an effective combination of a light military bulletproof vest and a jumpsuit made out of rubberized fabric. It is reinforced with inserted kevlar plates and provides low levels of protection. It is most popular among Loners, the suit has achieved status as a symbol for stalkers and for the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games altogether.
The appearance of the stalker suit has remained the same in all three games, the only difference being the design of the gas mask that was changed in Clear Sky.
If the stalker uses a gas mask, he also usually eschews the two oxygen tanks and breathing mask for a backpack.
Overall with the suit's light weight, easy accessibility, economical benefits and reasonable protection against both anomalies and firearms make it a very good choice to carry around at the beginning of all three games as it does well for whatever role it is optimized until one finds high-tier armors.
In Clear Sky, the suit must be upgraded in order to include night vision. In Shadow of Chernobyl, however, it comes with an integrated 1st generation Night vision module.
Shadow of Chernobyl Edit
In Shadow of Chernobyl, the sunrise suit is one of the more balanced and useful suits the player can use early in the game with its fairly adequate protection capable of reliably stopping handgun rounds and the lesser anomalies one will encounter early in the game along with a built-in night vision module. Although it's still recommended that one replaces this suit with more powerful ones as the game progresses on.
- Barkeep gives a free Stalker Suit to the Marked One after he agrees to retrieve the documents from Lab X-18.
- Every trader can sell it.
- There is one in the Bloodsucker Village in the Army Warehouses behind a bonfire surrounded by three big rocks.
- The factory above Lab X-18 has one hidden in a pipe near the big crane in the front to the left, also there is 5.56x45mm SS109 ammo with the suit.
- In the unpatched version, one can be found in the attic of the house Nimble sleeps in. To get it, leap from the top of the house next to Wolf onto the roof, then walk around until seeing a hole in the roof with a crate. Shoot the crate, and pick it up. In later patches, however, it has been replaced by a Mercenary suit.
- In all versions, one can be found in Strelok's group's hideout in the Agroprom Underground, in a crate behind some pipes near the entrance.
- Near the entrance to the Wild Territory there's one in a stash protected by mercenary snipers on the upper floor.
- In the northern part of Army Warehouses, in the village where the Deal with the snitch quest takes place, in the building to the west, lying near a bed.
- In Yantar, by the entrance to X-16 to the left. It is in a room along with a Scientific Medkit and 2 bandages.
Unique variants Edit
Notable users Edit
Clear Sky Edit
In Clear Sky, the Sunrise suit is easily one of the best Tier 2, medium armored suit in the game. It has the best anomaly protection for its kind, it's relatively widespread and economical and most technicians can upgrade it. It's only drawbacks are its heavy weight of 7.00kg and the fact that even if its firearm protection is maxed out, it only has a protection of 30, which won't help Scar survive to the end of the game.
- One suit upgraded for anomaly protection is given to the player for free, after helping a Loner squad clear the path through the swamp in the Agroprom on their way to Yantar.
- Most traders sell this suit, usually at the price of 6,750 rubles.
Notable users Edit
Call of Pripyat Edit
In Call of Pripyat, it is a low-end suit; however, it has a reasonable anomaly and firearm protection, light, and can be made very mobile with upgrades. It also starts with two artifacts slots, an advantage as the player's starting kit includes an Echo detector. However, due to the quite mediocre stats, it is advised to switch to a better suit as soon as possible.
- The player will start the game with a slightly damaged Sunrise suit.
- A slightly upgraded suit can be found on Barge's corpse.
- Another can be found in the roof of the Gas station in Zaton. It is located inside the roof's structure, not above it.
- It is sold by Owl and Hawaiian by default. It disappears from Owl's inventory after gaining either the Boss or One of Ours achievement, and from Hawaiian's inventory after helping either Duty or Freedom.
The suit has only three upgrade paths, and the artifact count cannot be upgraded without the Calibration Kit. However the weight can be reduced to an outstanding 1.5kg and at the same time the carry weight can be increased by 10kg. Before upgrading (or even repairing) the Sunrise suit, consider that a perfect condition and partially upgraded suit can be found on Barge's corpse, and if one wants to be mobile consider the Wind of Freedom suit instead.
Notable users Edit