Article layout Edit
It'll be better to create separate articles for different appearances (Yantar (Shadow of Chernobyl), Yantar (Clear Sky)) and one general article for comprehensive history, overall layout and real-world setting. Sections: 'Inhabitants', 'Notable places' and 'Layout' should be included into 'Appearances' section. Octurion 14:23, August 23, 2010 (UTC)
- That's a good idea. Would you be willing to do the gameplay sections? Tagaziel (call!) 14:43, August 23, 2010 (UTC)
- I can do the article structure and SHOC locations. However, the latter will take some time. Octurion 15:53, August 25, 2010 (UTC)
"Mobile" science lab? Edit
The first time I saw the lab, I couldn't help but wonder how exactly is this thing supposed to be mobile. I don't remember where I read/heard it (in-game, perhaps?) but I remember being told that the lab was transported there via helicopter. From the looks of it, the lab seems to be a 20x20x8 meter box full of scientific equipment with half a meter thick concrete walls. What kind of a helicopter is capable of transporting such a structure?
Just wondering, because pretty much every "real-world" thing (that is, things and phenomena not originating from or caused by the zone, e.g. mutants, anomalies, sci-fi Zone tech) is fairly realistic. Weapons, vehicles, buildings, weather, food... Having a huge concrete building supposedly transported there by a helicopter somewhat breaks the suspension of disbelief otherwise carefully maintained in the game unless I'm underestimating the lifting capacities of modern helicopters and/or there's a huge transport chopper I've never heard of. The lab also seems to be one solid entity, not constructed from elements on-spot. Please elaborate.
M0RGION 18:18, January 17, 2011 (UTC)
No one ever said that the lab was brought by helicopters- only the scientists so my guess is that either the bunker was already there or the choppers only brought materials,supply and men and they built the bunker there(it is impossible for helicopter to bring the bunker).
The Ukrain Air Force have Mi-17 which can lift up to 13,000kg so obviously there isn't any helicopter that can bring the bunker .
But anyway, it's called Mobile Lab right?so I would guess that they meant that the LAB is mobile(not the entire bunker)
KiT 10:00, January 30, 2011 (UTC)
- Actually, no. The Mil Mi-26 can carry nearly 20,000 kilograms (that's 20 tons). Fact is, as Call of Pripyat shows, the entire bunker is intended to be mobile and carried by helicopters. Probably, a Mi-26 brought the bunker, while another heavy transport helicopter brought in the research equipment, supplies and the researchers themselves. It's certainly not impossible. Tagaziel (call!) 21:46, January 30, 2011 (UTC)
- Oh, I've just finished playing Shadow of Chernobyl and moved on to Clear Sky, seems like some patience would have solved the question without asking. M0RGION 22:00, February 1, 2011 (UTC)
SPAS 12 Edit
SPSA 14 (spas12)
- What game and game version do you want to find it in?126.96.36.199 22:06, July 22, 2016 (UTC)