A can of military rations taken from an army depot raided by Stalkers, one wonders if it already gone past its expiration date. It is capable of satisfying hunger and partially restoring some of the player's health.
Shadow of Chernobyl
Canned food from an army warehouse raided by stalkers. The best-before period hasn't expired yet.Shadow of Chernobyl in-game description
The item is popular, fairly widespread and can be found practically anywhere in the Zone.
- One can is found on a table in the 100 Rads bar.
- Secret stash under the cross (Bar) (2) x3
- Supplies in the chest x5
- Shelter in the attic
- Backpack under tree
- Backpack is in a side-street
- Chest with supplies
- Stalker's backpack
- Hidden backpack
- Backpack in the secret stash
- Secret stash under the concrete
- The dropped backpack
- Secret stash of the high-altitude worker
- Secret stash in the bus
Each consumption will restore a portion, equivalent to about 1/5 of the player's health bar. These are generally available from Barman who will normally sell it for 300 rubles a can, and also found in several stashes. Several more experienced stalkers might also carry and sell it.
Call of Pripyat
Now referred to as the Tourist's Breakfast, it's available at a low price from traders like Beard and Hawaiian, and is normally carried around by experienced stalkers. The Tourist's Breakfast is also most practical, restoring as much hunger and health as other foods, but being the lightest of them all.
- In scripts, this item is referred to as "conserva" which is generic slavic name for any canned food, usually spam.