Hi, welcome to S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Wiki! Thanks for your edit to the RP-74 page.
Spoiler tag Edit
I don't know why in the hell you keep targetting my pics, or the pages I edit to the CORRECT names that are even listed right underneath the false name in the infobox_weapon. You're pretty much just downgrading this site :\
If I were you, I'd stop trying to white- knight every page and photo you come across on your not-so-triumphant march towards improving this wiki. Other pages have the acutal gun names used as links, and quite frankly, I haven't come across one admin or moderator who has actually given a shit about gun names. Not once. As for the photos, you have a point, but it's not your job to moderate everything (hence you're not a moderator) that shows up on this site. Dirty Chicken Meat DCM (talk) 21:48, February 9, 2013 (UTC)
As regards the (?) edit that you did here - I think that the contributor also made an entry on the 7n1 ammo variant page. I knocked that into some sort of shape based on the stated facts.
Yes, I think that's OK now. I wasn't sure of the post-flood statement and left it alone when I edited in good faith that the previous editor knew more than me. Never having attempted a re-entry I had no data. That said, enough weird things happened in SoC that I was prepared to believe weirdness might carry over to CS..
- Chill man! It ain't worth it. I tried the (relevant part of your) 'link' and it threw many possibilities. Is there an article regarding the "how-to" of modding on this wiki, and if so, how come there isn't a ref/link on the main page?
- I don't play anything upwards of plain vanilla with patch sprinkles myself, but I bet the knowledge would be gratefully appreciated by many readers. You got any interest along those lines? I wouldn't know where to start.
- I know you didn't give a link per se -- it was more of a "mutter-link".
- I think a guide might be handy just from the POV of referencing some of the various major mods to some images/obsevations within this wiki and how interested gamers might hook up to those angles.
- Me? I'm happy to play within vanilla (sprinkles) gamespace. Superguns and Neutronium armour ain't necessary imho, but others may like to have links to places where it's more available.
- I don't know how this sits with the wiki ruleset here, probably obliquely; better check with the Main Men first. Byte Me (talk) 13:17, April 12, 2014 (UTC)
It would be good if there was a page or some info on basic modding like fly tool and screen capture etc.
- I wondered where the speed freaks were and what they'd been up to.. I knew about running off the map in Yantar, and getting elsewhere as a result, but jumping by the dogpack was a new one for me, and I thought the Duty Gate bug was fixed (until I reloaded and pushed it).
- Pretty much spotted the ver1.0000 as the SSuit appeared and no attrition ensued..
- Do we have a dedicated exploit page? Why not?Byte Me (talk) 12:50, June 4, 2014 (UTC) Thanks again.
Lost Alpha SpecsEdit
as it is often said, there is no minimal requirements for stalker as it can work for someone on some crappy 5-year-old notebook and someone won't play this on brand new gaming PC
- Quite so. For S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl. But this is LA and the recommended spec appears to BE the minimum.
- Look, I just made a sodding template, put a few datasets and an image on it (drawing from Dez0wave's handbook) and got on with real world business. I left the whole 'requirements' field open to interpretation and modification by contribs because Dwave don't have a set of values that are definable by 'Min Rec etc,' but more by how far Users want to use the capabilities of their machines, which are many and varied.
- If you have some free time and fancy prettying that area up with details from their handbook regarding the various functionality crap - I for one would value your input. You always add high quality stuff.
- I did the 'ModPlate' that way because it was an easy rip from the GamePlate (well, duh!) AND because if it gets used for other Mods which have fancy requirements (See Charcharo's wish-list) or even need a 3rd party "extra mod", the "requirements" are in a place that is easily visible.
- It can always be improved - but without getting fancy with esoteric structure layouts, this looked to be a first approximation.
I didn't even remember they had some kind of manual. :D Also, I didn't hear about any mod which would have to use some other mod to work, everyone needs just game (or, in case of LA, nothing but space on HDD)
- Yeah, there's a manual that's a whopping 16MB for about 10 pages long. High on atmosphere, short on detail bc of the fancy stationery that mimics GSC's Stalker manual.
- Re your second comment. Was my comment unclear or misleading? Turns out that the LA inst requires an Xvid subinstall (which many abort because it looks like parasitic webcrap) You, or I might be more cybersavvy than a stalker noob, but that in itself affects your OS. It needs a few other runtimes too depending upon how low or high-end your box is. AND it needs some decompression 'help' later on. Byte Me (talk) 16:20, July 19, 2014 (UTC)
We gotta wait with this, that XVid is probably needed for that cutscene with some mission with… dunno, some escape from helicopter or sth (I didn't play LA lol) and they say they gonna get rid of it in next patch cause many players has problems with „Can't open video stream” error there even after installing all that shit which comes with mod. Pangia, 20:51, July 19, 2014 (UTC)
- What it boiled down to is this: The Xvid codec was a bit of a red herring. Turns out the game was looking for a vidfile that it couldn't find. Happened for me last night in one of those wtf? moments.
- Cured it all this morning in about 10 minutes flat. Made the note because I was all ready to do a grassroots reinstall quite unnecessarily.
- Obviously the patch -- needs a patch.
- There are still issues with SoC that aren't getting solved any time soon: If you're a member of Freedom and neutral to bandits and Mercs, talking to a wounded one gets a CTD. (Workaround - DON'T talk to wounded Mercs or Bandits)
"If everything would be fixed by deleting it, then all Wikis would be plain empty."
That's utter BS and you know it. Pretentious crap. The contrib deleted something that was quite clearly incorrect as far as SoC goes. Sure, he could have modified along the lines that you suggest, but he didn't have to. Likewise you could have done the same instead of undoing the edit (to something that's incorrect) and spouting off like a petulant teenager. Byte Me (talk) 15:01, October 3, 2014 (UTC)