Hello brother. Why have you come?General Voronin
He is a strict and intolerant man with little time to waste, acting agitated and with little patience whenever interacting with the player. 
General Voronin is a veteran member of Duty, one of the faction's original founders, who came into power after his predecessor, General Krylov, was killed during the faction wars. He recruited most of the faction's key members and is responsible for upholding the sacred code of the faction.
After becoming the leader of Duty, Voronin made a cease-fire pact with the Freedom, essentially an agreement to avoid open conflict. While some rogue elements of Duty disobey these orders, he takes no action against them. He most likely made the pact as Duty cannot hold both their territories and The Barrier at the same time. That being the case, the two factions struck a deal to preserve themselves.
Shadow of Chernobyl
He can be found at the Duty headquarters in Rostok. Note that the Marked One won't be able to access the HQ until after he has been to X16 and talked to the Barkeep. If the player tries to go to Voronin before visiting X16, Duty members in the area will become hostile and fire on sight.
Call of Pripyat
General Voronin is one of the few faction leaders confirmed to still be alive by the time of Call of Pripyat. His only appearance is in Zulu's ending, where he is either given one of Duty's highest titles for his actions in the Pripyat Underground if he dies and also to cover up his defection or sent back to Pripyat with a detachment of Duty's finest if he survives the trip through the underground and is rescued from the School.
- Voronin tends to switch his primary weapon – the VLA special assault rifle – for the Sniper TRs 301 after he obtains the weapon from Marked One. He will also use the Bulldog 6 to defend himself after the player has finished the Obtain an Bulldog 6 from Freedom quest.
- Voronin's death will immediately cause all Duty loudspeaker broadcasts in the Rostok area to cease.
- His name is a possible reference to Andrei Voronin, who is the protagonist of the Doomed City ( a book made by the Strugatskys, who also made Roadside Picnic)
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl Prima Official Game Guide, pg. 16
- S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl v 1.004; stable_bio_name.xml; id= bar_voronin_bio: One of the Duty founders and their leading idea-monger. Responsible for the faction's sacred code. He recruited almost all of Duty key members.