This lightweight stalker bodysuit is made by Freedom craftsmen. The suit's fabric is treated with Horizon, a special solution developed by the faction by trial and error to increase resistance to anomalies. Like the Sunrise suit, the Wind of Freedom comes with built-in body armor and artifact containers.Call of Pripyat in-game description
A light stalker suit produced by the Freedom faction, the Wind of Freedom consists of a light military bulletproof vest with reinforced Kevlar plates, carried over pseudo-flecktarn camouflaged jacket and pants.
The fabric of the suit is treated with a special mixture called Horizon which increases anomaly resistance.
It comes with two oxygen tanks and a breathing mask.
Shadow of Chernobyl
Light stalker suit produced by the gunsmiths of the Freedom faction. It consists of a light military bulletproof vest with reinforcing kevlar plates. It can protect from weak weapons. The fabric of the suit is treated with a special mixture which increases anomaly activity resistance.Shadow of Chernobyl in-game description
In Shadow of Chernobyl, this is the most commonly used suit for all experienced and many expert Freedom members. It is worn with either a balaclava or a face mask. There was also a gas mask variant scheduled to appear, similar in appearance to the Monolith suit, but it did not make it to the final version besides an unused PDA icon.
The armor can be acquired or found in following locations:
- Back of a truck outside the fence near the mobile lab in Yantar.
- On a couch inside a house at the Duty farmsted in the Army Warehouses.
- Inside a rail car by the camp fire south of the building site in Wild Territory.
- Inside the Freedom armory at their HQ.
- In a stash on the Bar side of the entrance to Garbage.
- In the house in the swamp of the Army Warehouses.
- Sold by Skinflint once you have achieved a friendly reputation with Freedom.
The suit returns in Clear Sky. It is rather uncommon, only being worn by a few experienced outpost squad leaders, one example being Raven, and is always worn with a respirator. The Wind of Freedom suit cannot protect the wearer from anything more powerful than an assault rifle round. Its bullet protection is identical to the Stalker Suit, but its anomaly protection is lacking.
It has the same upgrades used by Tier-2 armors. Apart from the higher price and lower anomaly protection than the Stalker suit, the Wind of Freedom Suit has somewhat lower durability compared to the Stalker suit although it is the lightest tier 2 armor overall. The suit can only be modified by Yar.
- Available from Ashot regardless of faction alignment.
Call of Pripyat
In Call of Pripyat it returns again as a standard issue Freedom suit. It offers all around better protection than the Stalker Suit except for ballistic protection which is slightly lower.
It shares most of the upgrades with the Sunrise suit - including the suit weight reducing upgrade (down to an outstanding 1kg) and +10kg carry weight upgrade.
- Sold by Hawaiian once the player has helped Freedom in at least two missions
- Given for free in the player's locker once they completed two missions for Freedom. [Killing the ex-Monolith soliders counts as a mission .]