|“|| Don't you know what to do with witnesses? Finish him, and make no fuss!|
- Wolfhound, ordering his men to eliminate Marked One.
Wolfhound (Volkodav / Волкодав) is a mercenary leader appearing in S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl.
He is one of the original mercenary leaders in the Zone and head of the Mongrels gang. One of his known and favorite tricks was to blow off his targets arms, legs and then the head before it hits the ground using his custom handgun named March.
A short bio, that was omitted from final version of S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl game describes him as follows: 
Shadow of Chernobyl Edit
When The Marked One first enters the Wild Territory, he overhears a mercenary identifying his position and informing Wolfhound for further instructions. He simply replies that it's protocol to eliminate all witnesses regardless. After killing all the mercs stationed at the area, Wolfhound tries to radio in after hearing some gunshots and upon realizing they were slaughtered, he curses and orders one of his snipers to not underestimate the Marked One.
Suddenly, a helicopter is shot down and Wolfhound laughs at the alleged hopelessness of the remaining Ecologists, thinking he has the upper hand. He tries to persuade Kruglov to hand over the data to ensure he won't be harmed but the professor is not fooled.
Afterwards, it becomes clear Wolfhound's group is after the scientific data carried by professor Kruglov and they have no problems killing Kruglov in order to obtain it. He appears with a retinue of Mercenaries, attempting to kill the frightened scientist. It is very likely the player will kill Wolfhound during the Kruglov escort mission.
- See also: Walkthrough
Call of Pripyat Edit
In Call of Pripyat, he is not seen but his custom UDP Compact: March, can be bought from Nimble, which most likely indicates he met his end at the hands of Strelok during his failed ambush in the Wild territory.
- Strangely, Wolfhound never carried a UDP Compact or a .45 caliber pistol for that matter, during Shadow of Chernobyl. So it's not exactly known how he came into possession of March, though it is possible that Wolfhound gave it to another mercenary for reasons unknown and eventually made its way to Nimble through his numerous connections.
- Wolfhound speaks with a slight foreign accent in the russian version of the game.
- ↑ Nimble's dialogue when buying March
- ↑ S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Shadow of Chernobyl 126.96.36.199, stable_bio_name.xml; id=ros_volkodav_bio